Data About the Students
Responses When Asked the Following Questions
Quotes From Our Students
FIRST in General
- “I like how inclusive it is, and if you’re planning on going into STEM for you future career it is a great starting point” – Trent B.
- “Robotics helped me solidify my plans for what I want to do do when I graduate high school” – Matthew S.
- “It has helped me realize what parts of STEM I like and what I’d like to pursue in the future” – Nick C.
- “It has taught me so much about fully thinking through things; you never know what problems may arise from a new design without imagining every possible weakness. I find the skills I learn in robotics invaluable” – Jeana S.
The Team Itself
- “Robotics has done so much for me. When I was on a different team as a freshman, it definitely helped boost my confidence during the transition to high school. When I moved to Minnetonka, joining this team helped me make so many wonderful, genuine friends . . . Everyone is so shamelessly supportive, and I absolutely adore my teammates for that” – Jeana S.
- “Everyone is really friendly, helpful, and ready to teach you how to be better” – Kiefer M.
- “I like how supportive the leaders are of everyone. I also like how little the mentors do in terms of building the robot” – Matthew S.